1. Diet: Eat an Anti-inflammatory Diet
Diet is one of the most overlooked aspects when it comes to the topic of anti-aging. People tend to look for creams, pills and serums as a way to avoid the aging process, when in reality, the foods we consume play the biggest role in maintaining a youthful appearance and attitude.
Telomeres are the protective caps found on the end of our DNA. As we grow older telomeres break down, causing issues in cellular reproduction. Diets high in inflammatory foods contribute to telomere breakdown. This means that the more inflammatory our diet, the faster we age.
Foods that reduce inflammation in the body are:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Healthy fats like olive oil and avocado
- Fish containing Omega-3 fatty acids
- Nuts and Legumes
Foods that increase inflammation in the body are:
- Overly processed junk food
- Foods high in added sugar
- Processed meats
- Overly refined carbohydrates like bleached flour
By maintaining a healthy diet full of unprocessed foods like fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and unprocessed meats you decrease inflammation in the body, keeping you feeling and looking young.
2. Physical Activity: Move More
People are meant to move! Your body wasn’t meant to sit behind a desk all day and overly sedentary lifestyles are often linked with serious diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Make sure that you spend at least 30-45 minutes everyday exercising. This can be anything from low intensity exercise like walking to anaerobic exercise like weight lifting. It is important to get your heart rate up throughout the day!
If you find yourself without enough time to practice a regimented exercise program, simple changes to your routine can make a big difference in your activity level. Below is a list of simple ways that you can get your heart rate pumping throughout the day.
- Use a standing desk instead of sitting in a chair all day
- Set an alarm for every 30 minutes and go on a short 5 min walk around the office
- Perform basic bodyweight exercises during TV commercials like squats or pushups
3. Sleep: The Bodies Fountain of Youth
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of personal health. Not getting enough sleep or a low quality of sleep has been linked to higher BMI, decreased quality of life, depression, and other health issues.
When we sleep, not only does our brain recharge and refresh, so does our body. Most of the growth and repair of our body occurs during sleep. So, if you have a low quality of sleep or simply don’t get enough sleep, your body and mind has a harder time recovering from the stresses of everyday life. Below are some basic tips to help you regain control of your sleep
- Establish your circadian rhythm, go to bed and wake up at the same time throughout the week.
- Stop using screens an hour before bed
- Use a sleep mask
- Supplement your diet with magnesium before bed
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages after 12pm
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark.
Look and Feel Younger
The goal of the Weight Wise age management is to help you regain the vitality to maintain good health and live a longer, healthier life. Each component of your program is personalized to your body’s specific needs and is focused on preventative care. By following our fresh approach to optimal health, countless men and women have experienced remarkable change including:
- Boost in energy level
- Increased mental acuity
- Revitalized sex drive
- Increased muscle strength
- Reduced body fat
- Mood elevation
- Improved skin tone
- Decreased stress
As a Nurse Practitioner, Laura Zajdel, has devoted her practice of medicine to help patients realize remarkable health goals through successful age management. Today, through proactive protocols and the finest in Concierge Medicine, Laura continues to help patients avert premature disabilities with medically sound strategies to manage healthy aging.
If you would like to stay healthier, have more energy, be more productive and live a more vibrant life, give us a call or email and get started with our professionals today!